Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

30 days

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by surpip, Aug 17, 2006.

1. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

anyone watch this? Its id produced by Morgan Spurlock, the dude from super-size me. It is on FX, anyway, the next show is pro choice vs. pro life.

I have always been on the side that , I am a guy, and i would support my girl or any woman in the choice she made, just purely on the fact that it is her body.

what do you all think?

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Good show...My kid didn't eat Fastfood for a m0nth after watching supersize me and now he only gets it when he goes over to spend time at Grandmas...

3. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

OOOOOHHHH Pip you are a brave man opening that can o'worms.

On Spurlock: He's OK, but like most documentarians he sets out with an agenda, and makes sure his film conforms to that agenda.

I saw some of supersize me, and yeah, no shizmo. Eating only mickey d's will kill you. I also saw part of his minimum wage thing (I think it was one of those 30 days), and yeah, no schquat, living on min. wage sucks arse.

As far as the "A" word goes, not gonna get too far into that but I will say that it is soooo politicized that it's hard to get straight on the issue. I think "pro-choice" and "pro-life" are bunk monikers anyway, buzzwords to create a reaction. Both are total cop-outs.

4. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

see i disagree, he could pull two sets of people that would butt heads and make no progress toward learning at all, but he choses people that are willing(some less than others) to open up and lean about the other side.

now a show like Pen and teller's bull**** on the other hand, the show both sides, but their side is right.

5. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

What do you mean, you disagree with the agenda part?

If so, you're probably right on that 30 days thing. I was just talking about the supersize me and the little bit I saw of the min wage one, but I don't think it was one of those 30 days after all, his wife was in it with him and it was just the two of them, no "opposing view" etc.

Don't get me wrong either, I am looking forward to seeing this show too.

6. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

ya the agenda part

7. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I haven't watched Supersize Me yet... But I saw the 30 Days show on Min Wage and a few others. I like the show for the most part. Just dont get to watch it very often...