Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

$3000 Paint Job 87 1500 Jimmy

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by anthony stark, Apr 12, 2005.

1. anthony stark

anthony stark Registered Member

First, I don't have any pic's. It's not completely done. I run a white soft top, cowl hood, sun roof, 6" rear lift 4" front EZ rides & 33X12.5 BFG's . Along the bed rail there were 4 rust holes (repaired with fiberglass), the biggest 1.5" dia. - the floor was cracked underneath the seats to where it needed 2' of welding - the tailgate was cracked on the corners, which was also welded. They removed all trim, doors. door panels, door handles & bumpers. The paint is gorgeous with a base clear coat. My problem is that it's all black, which is a hard color to get right. Lets just say it's 95% perfect. It was done by Maaco. I feel that I'm $500 over what I should have paid. I do want to give out this info. - the new body side molding - I was pleasantly surprised at how this made the truck just stand out. Opinions?

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Fiberglass to repair rust holes? no no IMO. Did you pay $3000 for the whole job or just the paint? Did you do the prep work or Maaco? Never heard a good thing about Maaco prep work.