Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

305, 373s and a trailer

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by OhioJimmy, Jun 21, 2000.

1. OhioJimmy

OhioJimmy Registered Member

My 86 Jimmy has a 305 with 373s and I pull a tandem axle trailer regulary, It seems to have plenty of power and I really don't know the trailer is back there even though it weighs a ton itself. Heres my question, can I put bigger tires on and the 305 still keep pace, I hate those little tires in those huge fender wells, they are stock size can't remember off the top of my head. or do you guys have any suggestions for me, a new motor is out this year, just moved and have to buy mamma a house. Thanks in advance,

If you say you haven't been stuck you're lying or was it you'll go blind, hmm

2. Bigd

Bigd 1/2 ton status

Do you have any freinds that have the tire size you looking too put on.If so ask him too let you borrow them for a couple of days and give it a try.No money lost except may the cost of a few beers.

3. OhioJimmy

OhioJimmy Registered Member

Unfortunately nobody I know runs tires of any size I only want to go to 31s or so just to fill that fender well a bit but it was a good idea, thanks

If you say you haven't been stuck you're lying or was it you'll go blind, hmm

4. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

My 84 came with 31/10.5/15s and I tow a 2600lb trailer. I have the 305 too, and don't have too much trouble except on really steep mountain passes(I sometimes have to drop into 2nd during a long climb). The 31s definitely fill the fender wells up a bit more. Did your rig come with 15" tires from the factory, or did you buy it like that?

5. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Canmore K5 I hope you meant 15" wheels. 31's will fill them out a lot better . I think the stock size is like a 235 and I think ive seen them on S10s so 31s will be a big improvement.

6. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Tires......wheels........you know what I meant!