Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

305/70/16

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by rennyd, Aug 31, 2004.

1. rennyd

rennyd Registered Member

Hi I'm new here - we just got our Diesel burb and finanly swapped out the skinny 275/85/16s that came with it. The 305s fit and look great but they scrap with any suspension flex. I had read on there that some other people had this size tire on a stock height truck so I am wondering how you did it? I think the stance and tire size looks perfect right now so I don't want to go the lift route. I've already removed the front mud flaps and wacked the inside mount flat against the inner fender. What else needs to be done. Also has anyone used coilover shocks - a slight lift of one to two inches on the front would be good as the front is lower than the rear - would coil over shocks do the trick?

Please let me know.

Thanks
    Renny

2. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Would help if you could specify what year and make the suburban is.

Im assuming your referring to the 92 and up burbs.

where is it rubbing? Just curious as to if those will rub in my application as well.

3. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

cut the fenders! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif check out my webshots in my signature to see how i cut mine. 36"s with 4" of lift

[​IMG]

4. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Well, here's the thing, I dont have standard fenders, mine are kinda sorta already "cut". So I was just trying to figure out if they were rubbing on inner fender walls, or suspension components,, and not the apperance package. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

5. rennyd

rennyd Registered Member

Sorry - forgot to say - Mine is a 84 2500 suburban. Right now the route I am going to try is some load leveler spring over shocks and some mild trimming - this is seeing primarily street and my wife stopped whereing the stilts since she left the circus so she doesn't want a lift on it. Right now it rubs on the back of the front fenderwell where the outer fenderskin is spot welded to the inner fender well. It happens at about 3/4 ths fo the way to full lock. I tried the two pound sledge modification but I think I only succeeded in moving it back about a quarter inch and work hardening it in the process. Anyway any ideas you have would be great.

Thanks

Renny

6. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Problem is, I have a 92 pickup (new body style). The fenders are different to begin with, and the IFS front is different than the SFA of the burb you have.

in addition to that, I have pre-runner fenders, so clearance on fender parts isnt really an issue- its really any suspension components.