Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

305 egr question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by K5-newf, Apr 28, 2007.

1. K5-newf

K5-newf 1/2 ton status

I was given some new valve covers for my truck, but the egr wont go back on because my valve covers are slighty taller. Scine my egr is pluged can i just remove it and bolt a piece of steel plate to the egr mounting on the manifold?? or do i have to buy a special piece??

Thanks
    Jason

2. K5-newf

K5-newf 1/2 ton status

anyone ??

3. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

yes, you can block it off, i have before, but why don't you just got a junk yard and "pocket" a smaller one, or even "pocket" the spacer for it...

4. K5-newf

K5-newf 1/2 ton status

I just figured it would take 10 mins to cut one out of steel drill the bolt holes and use some silicone and then spray it with some high heat paint. I got it made now anyway. I figured scince on the summit site its just a plate then i could just make my own. junk yards are scarce around here all of them crush everything older then 10-15 years old depending on how diserble parts are.

5. dirtynails

dirtynails Registered Member

just in case this is helpful, if you don't want to make your own, the part is available at the dealership. You have the egr with the triangular base right? The part number is 14031368. I'm holding it in the package right now. I think it was about 7 bucks.