Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

305 H.O heads on a 350?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Russell Keys, Sep 20, 2001.

1. Russell Keys

Russell Keys 1/2 ton status

A friend offered up a pair of heads to me that came off a 84 camaro. the casting #'s call for 305 H.O. they have 1.94 intake and 1.5 exhaust valves. What would the pros and cons for putting them on a 350? Will there need to be any additional machine work other than the valve job, diff gaskets..etc?Thanks-Russell

2. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

Do it! they bolt on just like the old ones. It will bump up the compression a little, and give you alot more bottom end torque. They ae not high revving heads, but the trucks dont need to rev high anyways.

86 Jimmy 4"lift 35"MTRs Other cars 69Firebird w/525 hp,and 70GTO live in PHX,AZ<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/modifierperformance>My vehicles</a>

3. Russell Keys

Russell Keys 1/2 ton status

I'm not sure what you mean by high revving heads. They came off a camaro. I would think that they would actually flow better at higher rpm's than a truck head.

4. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

The heads dont flow well over 5000 rpm. But that doesnt matter because the HEI crapps out after 4500 anyways. I would put them on your motor you will like them.

86Jimmy 4"&35"MTRs,87 burb 4"&35"MT,69Firebird w/525 hp,and 70GTO live in PHX,AZ<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/modifierperformance>My vehicles</a>

5. James Rustyk5

James Rustyk5 Registered Member

Those heads will normally have about 58 or 64 cc combustion chamber. The motor will run well at low and mid range rpms but over 4500 rpm they will choke bad. If they have every been overheated changes are they will crack very easily. My brother and one of his friends stuffed a 350 in an s-10 pickup with 305 ho heads and it ran very good at the track they were running low 11's with a stock 350. It only costed him 800 dollars for the complete install and rebuild