Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

305 nock sensor

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mil22spec4, Apr 28, 2005.

1. mil22spec4

mil22spec4 Registered Member

Has anyone ever messed with this? I was told you could jump a couple of wires and eliminate this. I have a vacume advance ditributor on a pontiac high output 305 in my 86 blazer. I'm not sure if that matters or if the gain is even worth the trouble of jumping the wires. Any help would be appreciated.

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

If your not running the ESC distributor , don't worry about it . If ya want it all pretty then remove it .

I don't run the ESC distributor , yet i still have the knock sensor in the block , no one looks under there so I don't care right now . Will delete when the motor expires and I pull it and clean up my engine bay wiring more than I have :D

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

You won't really be gaining anything unless the system isn't working right.

All it is there for is to make sure an engine that is in poor tune doesn't destroy itself. It retards timing when engine knock is detected.

I'm assuming you made a typo, there is no HO Pontiac 305. I won't even get into the "maybe's", it's either a chev HO305, or it's not. With a knock sensor and you saying it's a 305, I'm betting chev.

4. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

Pontiac never made a 305, much less an HO 305, which is like saying you're a fat anorexic person. :screwy:

5. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Come now, the (Chevy) 305HO did at least exist.

It may not have been much to write home about, but they did exist.

6. mil22spec4

mil22spec4 Registered Member

Hey I got the motor for free. Looked up the head numbers and found them to be 1'98's. That was from the dealership looking up the numbers. I was told it was refered to as a high output. The little motor runs strong. So I'm going off the info given to me. Thanks for the analogy but you didn't help my question. So I'm not worring about the nock sensor but there is a computer under the dash. Does anyone with useful information know axactly what this is for? It may be for an electric advance but since I'm running a vacum advance why will my motor not run with it unpluged. Thanks for any feedback.

7. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

4416's were on the HO's

the HO's were 190 hp and 350 cam of the year and 58 cc and were pretty darn fun they can run with 350s and such all day long easy

theres many pages on net with specs on these L69's

most are not and are just LG4 and such but LG4 ran same heads as the L69's

just different cam and such

just unplug the sensor if you worry so much

good luck