Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

305 or 350?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by k9man, Sep 11, 2000.

1. k9man

k9man Registered Member

I recently purchased a 1985 Blazer with a 350 engine so I was told. My VIN Gives me the code for a 305. How can I tell which engine is in my vehicle? Thanks AL

2. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

There is a ode on the front passenger side of the block. There should be a small ledge that comes out right below the head and have a code on it. It will start with (3) letters. Call Summit racing or Jegs and they should be able to tell you what engine it is.

Or on the rear of the block there is a ledge that the bellhousing botls to. On newer blocks it had a 5.0 or 5.7 on them and on older blocks there was a 6-7 digit code(maybe more) If you get that code off that ledge I can tell you what it is with the number code of the bell housing ledge tomorrow.

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com