Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

305's need some info

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by big d, Nov 30, 2001.

1. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

305\'s need some info

305 owners can ya help me out. my 350 motor just took a big crap on me and i have been offered a good running 1977 305 motor with 103,000 original miles on it for a decent price. no smoke and no bad noices coming from this motor ! also carries good oil pressure. besides basic clean up and gasket/ plug and wire/cap replacement any other considerations to be aware of and any low buck improvements ?(very low $)
    what can i expect from this motor for pick up and go ? i baby my engines any old ways cause i dont have the $ to fix them all the time ! i 4 x 4 only a couple times a year when my brother comes home from leave. this motor was owned by an old man so i dont suppose it was mal-treated, it is just dirty and greasy as hell. by the way, im giving $375.00 for this motor, is this a decent price. i couldnt find anything else comperable in this area. thanks.
    darren olander
    1979 chevy cheyene blazer
    350/350 (now dead)
    gettin down on all fours, 4 a'little
    x
    4 play !
    also, what can i save from the 350 that will work on the 305.
    thanks again

2. jwduke

jwduke 1/2 ton status

Re: 305\'s need some info

Everything.

1 ton '87 Chevy SWB in the making!

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Re: 305\'s need some info

The 305 that was in my 85 was a POS, but it had all the smog crap on it. I know there are people on this site that will defend the 305 to the death. Its not a bad motor, but its a little small for a K5. The 305 will get you around until you can get a new motor. It WILL get the job done, but don't expect wonders from a 305, especially stock.

My Chevy isn't broken, its just out of gas.