Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

31 gallon tank pics

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Chris Demartini, May 10, 2002.

1. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>I went to the junkyard today and got a 31 gallon tank, sending unit and fuel pump from an 87 Silverado K5. I need to see some pictures of this tank in a 67-72 K5 so I can get some ideas on how to mount this thing (it's huge). I know the rear-most crossmember will have to be moved, but not how far. I also need to see some pics of how to mount the straps, and how to connect the fuel inlet tube on the tank to the filler on my truck. Thanks in advance

2. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

see my pics, it's an 84 tank, no FI.

ARQ

3. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>Thanks, I was looking for those before but I couldn't remember who's they were. Is the tank mounted backwards so the filler faces in the right direction, or is there another reason? I don't need a body lift, right? Anyone else got pics?

4. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

yes the tank is mounted backwards so the filler faces the driver side. without the body lift you can make the tank hang about 1.5" lower than the original. i could of gotten another 1" of height but did not calculate for the bed support that hit the filler when i mounted it up there. as it sits it gives me the same clearance as the original.

ARQ.