Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

31" tires

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by supernaut, Nov 4, 2005.

1. supernaut

supernaut Registered Member

That gm of the month on the front page rocks. Maybe it's just my generation but when i think stormtrooper i think killin' in white uniforms. a subtle star wars stormtrooper paint scheme would be cool!

anyway, I have 33x12.5 (15" rims) super swampers with about 10,000 miles or less on them, they have a monstrous amount of tread left. I always think it's funny when I see super swampers all worn down because they look so different than mine with tons of meat left still. I just rotated them, the front's were a little bit cupped on the outter tread bars, but I hear that's to be expected. I am going to sell these suckers off and get some off those all terrain bfgoodrich type tires. mainly because I use my K5 to get my friends and i (and our gear) to the slopes for snowboarding or to the mountains for backpacking and such. I was thinking of going with 31" tires. with 33"er's on there I run about 2250 rpm on the freeway (th350, no overdrive) . I'm also I little worried about it looking stupid with smaller tires, but from what i gather it's not really uncommon to have a 4" lift and run 31's. I don't know because i went straight to 33"s when i slapped on the tuff country e-z ride 4". also, is 12.5 width good or should I skinny up to 10"?

What do my wheelin' peers think?

350ci th350 np203 dana44 12 bolt corp

2. jmd4x4

jmd4x4 1/2 ton status

I would stick with 33's they look better, plus there is not much of a price differance. Also remember that if you go to 31's your RPM's will go up.
    This is just my opinion, so it is really up to you, and what you can afford.

later
    jmd

3. trailblazr81

trailblazr81 1/2 ton status

Ya it just wont look right. Personally I like where your RPM's are and going 31's will raise it a couple hundred. Just grab some BFG 33/12.5/15 A/T's...

4. BudTX

BudTX Registered Member

Stick with 33s.

5. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

33's

6. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

I'd stay with 33's, sounds like your RPM's are good as is. I had 33x10.50's on mine with 4", and always felt kinda silly. I could get used to it, but it always bothered me.