Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

315s 75 r16 on a 8in wide wheel or on 10 in

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by edreid, Jul 8, 2006.

1. edreid

edreid Registered Member

Dec 14, 2005
    just bought this 88 blazer. currently the suspension is stock. tires on it now are 275/75 r 16 on i think 16x8 wheels. i want to get to 35x12.5 tires and a six inch lift.

the guy at four wheel parts says i can run a 12.5in wide wheel on both the 10 in wide wheel and the 8in wide wheel. is there any difference in the two as far as fitment and backspace to get the 35s on there.

can i stick with the wheels i have or should i look for ne ones now. i want to have a real rig for dirt not so into looks. also can i later just upgrade the wheels and buy the wide tires now anyway.

finallly can 35 fit on the stock suspension??? so that i can just get tires now and take the truck to mexico on the sand and stuff and then get the lift kit in september? or am i dreaming.

thanks for any advice you can give

2. Chaddy

Chaddy 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

May 23, 2005
    1st your tires will be fine on a 10 or an 8 inch rim. 2nd You sure can fit 35's on a stock suspention if your willing to:grind::hack:
  3. b454rat

b454rat 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Jan 21, 2003
    I had a set of 315s on 8s, and looked OK. On a 10, the tire will be fatter, and I think would look better, but that's just me.