Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

31's on 96 Blazer

Discussion in '1983-2005 S-Series models' started by harv72, Feb 12, 2002.

1. harv72

harv72 Registered Member

31\'s on 96 Blazer

I have a 96 Blazer 4 door (4x4) and I would like to put 31x10.50R15 BFG All Terrains on the stock rims. I think they will fit with a 2" body lift. Does anybody have a picture of the newer body style with this setup? I'm planning to go with a body lift because of cost and front end wear issues.

2. scotty1

scotty1 1/2 ton status

Re: 31\'s on 96 Blazer

You will probably need 3", the ZR2 has 31's and a 3" body lift which is built into the frame. You may need to also concider a new set of wheels with different back spacing.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE!!!

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I'm don't know how much the clearances changed with the new body style. But on my 91 4-door S-Jimmy, 30x9.50's rub slightly at the rear of the front fender well when it's flexed out. That's with the torsion bars cranked up 1.5 inches over stock. Also look closely at the clearance between the inside edge of the front tires and the sway bar. Mine rub just a bit when turned all the way. 10.50's would rub even more. But at least it isn't a sharp edge, so it just makes a shiny spot on the sway bar. [​IMG]

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck>www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck</a>
    It's a great day to be alive...

4. harv72

harv72 Registered Member

I should have added a little more detail. The most flexing this thing is going to do is pulling in and out of my driveway. In other words, it's the grocery getter. I currently have 245-70R15's with no lift and no rubbing. They measure around 28" tall on the truck. I priced another set of the 245's, but I can get 31" BFG's for about $100 cheaper. I just can't justify paying more for a smaller tire! Anyway, please let me know if anybody has some pictures of the newer style Blazer with this setup - 31" tires on a non ZR2 model.

5. RedDog

RedDog Registered Member

I have 30x9.50's on stock wheels on our 95 Blazer. No rubbing, and no adjustment of torsion bars.