Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

32 spline np-205 front output

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by nova, May 8, 2004.

1. nova

nova 1/2 ton status

i have a gm np-205 and ordered a ford 1 ton 32 spline front output shaft for it. what is all needed to install the the shaft that is on it's way. i here of all sorts of people doing this but know one says how to do this or what parts is needed. /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. dhdescender

dhdescender 1/2 ton status

Qualicum Beach, British Columbia, Canada - Eh.
    i'm not sure what the ORD kit comes with, but here is a list of what I had to change when I swapped my ford 205 parts into my chevie...

You need the output shaft, output bearing, bearing retainer and seal, as well as a new yoke/flange.

3. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

You should need just the shaft, we haven't seen any difference in the ford and GM front bearing retainers so that should be the same. You will need a seal appropriately sized to match up to your yoke but that's about the only tricky part.

unless you have a synchronized front ouput in the 205, then you need all new gears, clutchring and shift fork.......
    You'll know for sure when you get there.