Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

'32" Tires on Orange Blossom (BFG's?)

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Ressurection, May 8, 2003.

1. Ressurection

Ressurection 1/2 ton status

\'32\" Tires on Orange Blossom (BFG\'s?)

Well, I think I've talked myself into 32" w/ only a 1" lift in the back to level off properly.
    1. Anyone have pics of a stock-height Gen-1 w/ 32's?
    2. Any opinions on BFG Mud-Terrains?
    3. Any other tire suggestions? These have a 3 ply sidewall and a nice tread pattern. Others have 2 ply, but are ~$30 cheaper.
    Thanks!

2. '72brett

'72brett 1/2 ton status

Re: \'32\" Tires on Orange Blossom (BFG\'s?)

I got Sport King AT's below price. My cousin is a tire distributor... He hooks me up! Sorry, I dont know much about tires /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif btw, mine are 31" on stock suspension.

3. '72brett

'72brett 1/2 ton status

I got Sport King AT's below price. My cousin is a tire distributor... He hooks me up! Sorry, I dont know much about tires /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif btw, mine are 31" on stock suspension.

4. 72beater

72beater 1/2 ton status

yep, there's a pic of mine when it was not yet lifted with p285 16s on it (exactly 32 inches tall) in my photos.

5. dr1553

dr1553 Registered Member

Heya,

I have 32x11.50 BFG M/T KM's on 15x8 Baha's on my 2000 Tacoma. I love the tire off-road but onroad I have been dissapointed. I know they are a mud tire but even for a mud tire they are wearing very very quickly. I had the older BFG M/T's and they wore much better. I have kept them balanced and rotated (every 5K) and kept the allignment done on my truck and they are still wearing uneven, scalloping, inside edge rounded off. I have about 20K on them and I dont expect but mabye 5k more. I had my older set for 50K+. So I dont know...they must be a very soft tire, I should have know because they were designed with rock crawling in mind. Here on the Texas coast we dont have any rocks, just mud so I want a hard tire that will last.

I really think that tires used to be made from a harder rubber because they seemed to last longer...mabye they are now softer to comply with DOT regulations? (minimize braking distances, better grip during cornering) Just a wild thought but any ideas? I have a very old set of Dunlop Radial Mud Rovers on my 72 K5 that just seem to never wear. I think they will last forever. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

A friend of mine has the BFG AT KO's and he loves them, and they are wearing very well. He had BFG MT's before and he says that in mud the AT's are just about as good but they are so much better on the street that they make up the difference.

Hope that helps...

Later,
    David

6. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,

Here's mine.33" ATR's on orig. stock suspension.The tire actually measures 32".
    [​IMG]