Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

327/350 small block

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bluethunder, Mar 14, 2002.

1. bluethunder

bluethunder Registered Member

I have access to a 327 block that seems to be in good shape, its free to me so if i can use it I will. It has no internals, just a bare block. However, I also have accesss to 2 mostly complete 350's. I would like to use the crank from the 350 with the longer stroke and anything else I can on the 327 block. Are these blocks the same? What stuff can I take off the 350 and bolt on the 327? Will an SM465 trans bolt up to this block? Thanks a bunch
    -Jonathan

2. bluethunder

3. Blazer1970

Blazer1970 1/2 ton status

327 blocks were made with two different main bearing diameters. If you have a large journal 327 block, a 350 crank will work (the same block casting was used in some years for both displacements). If it's a small journal 327, it is not really worth screwing with. Journal diameter changed in '67. Do you have the block casting number for the 327 block? Besides that, everything else, including the bell housing bolt pattern is the same.

4. bluethunder

What should the crank journals measure if it is a large journal? If it is the same as the 350 crank journals then I can just measure those and compare to the 327. Thanks
    -Jonathan

5. Blazer1970

Blazer1970 1/2 ton status

Small journal has 2.3 inch crank journals, large journal has 2.45 inch. Remember that this is the OD of the crank journals, or the ID of the bearings. I am not sure what the OD of the bearings are.