Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

32x11.50 tires

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by FL84K5, Oct 24, 2001.

1. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

I have an 84 Blazer with stock rims and 31x10.50 tires. I would like to put 32 inch tires on my truck, but I can't find any in 10.50 width. I do not want Swampers because 99.9% of my driving is on the street. I dont have the funds for a lift and 33's right now and I desperatly need tires. Would 11.50's fit on the stock rim? Thanks

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Well, if you can, you might want to check out the BFG AT 33x10.5R15 tires. They are kinda pricey (about $130) but thats not TOO much more than the 32's is it?

No guarantee they will fit without rubbing, but at least two of us are running them on this board, with no rubbing. Thats with stock suspension, so if you flex a lot, they may. But moderate off road, with stock springs, no problems on my end.

Only problem I can see is if the front springs are really sagged. All the tire shops locally (chain) told me that they would put them on, let me drive it, and if they rub, I could return them. To me, theres really no way to lose. The tires are most excellent on the street, and next week, looks like hunting may finally be in some snow, so I should be able to report back in two weeks on snow performance. Should be good in shallow snow, poor in mud and deep snow. We'll see.

Dorian
    My tech/links page: <a target="_blank" href=http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html>www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html</a>
    Why insist on counting when the ring gear has the tooth counts stamped in?

3. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

Had 11.50's on my '81 and they worked great. Have you ever considered 33x10.50, i've heard of some people getting them to work on stock trucks. What gearing is in your diff because that can cap your choices unless you get or already have steep gears.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/bigkern76>http://www.geocities.com/bigkern76</a>

4. Nonesuch

Nonesuch 1/2 ton status

my first blazer ('79) had 33x12 no names and because if the width they barely rubbed at all. it had no lift and original springs that were pretty worn out.

5. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

You're gonna like the 10.50 width in snow. My dad has bfg 33x12.50 M/Ts on his Jimmy, and boy do they blow in the snow. They want to glide, instead of bite. I have 31x10.50 and get better bite and have less sliding. Not saying its the miracle width because I've been stuck and spun out. Of course, being up to my skidplates in snow and hitting a drift might be my fault instead of the tires. I think a limited slip would have got me out (I'm a city-slicker so don't really want or need a locker). I did a lot of digging that night!

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/bigkern76>http://www.geocities.com/bigkern76</a>

6. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

32's should work. I know a guy around here that runs them on a stock Balzer with no problems and they look really good in there.

90K5

7. ChevyTech

ChevyTech Registered Member

I am currently running Michelin 32x11.50's and have experienced no problems..

8. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

32x11.5 will work I had them one my stock rims with no lift. 33's will fit also. If you have running boards though they might not. That is why I have 32's on my truck now. I have a set of cheesy running boards.

My Chevy isn't broken, its just out of gas.

9. Rebel-Rider

Rebel-Rider 1/2 ton status

Re: 32x12.50 tires

ive got 32 x 12.50

10. Rebel-Rider

Rebel-Rider 1/2 ton status

Re: 32x12.50 tires

ive got 32 x 12.50