Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

32x11.50R15 on a stck Jimmy, will they Hit or will they Fit?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Mav2u, Nov 24, 2003.

1. Mav2u

Mav2u 1/2 ton status

I'm replacing my stock springs with factory ride, but I bought some 15x10" rims and my 31.1050 look a little stretched on the side walls. I was thinking a nice 31x11.50R15 BFG A/T would look nicer and probably fit.

Has anyone else ran this combo? Does it hit on normal driving or only on very flexy situations? I know we ran 32x11.50R15 on our old 1977 silverado pickup and they were okay, close but never hit. I would think they would be okay on a Fullsize Jimmy also. The Jimmy is a 1989 model if that makes any difference.

Thanks,
    Mav

2. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

I ran some 32x11.50's on some 10" wide wheels on my 79 w/ stock springs. I rubbed a little while wheeling, but nothing that was unacceptable.. to me that is. I liked the stance and the clearance I got from that combination. The reality of it is that you will most likely rub off road. I didn't rub under normal street conditions, but if I was turning a tight corner, they'd barely touch when I had the wheel cranked. You have to decide what works for you.

3. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I had 32"s on my Jimmy...
    They hit in the front...rear part of the fender..
    but it wasn't that bad...I never had to trim the fenders.. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

4. Mav2u

Mav2u 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I figure if I put new stock springs on at the same time it should help out a little with the clearance. I don't do any hard core wheeling except some nice mudding and driving through some fields pulling the trailer for our bush hog tractor.

5. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Personally I run 32 inch Sport Kings on the original 15x8 Rally rims. My springs are stock and I never hit in the front , and ocassionally at full flex I rub on the inner rear fender where the gap would be if you had a body lift. I guess its question of ride height and backspacing whether you would hit.

6. Mav2u

Mav2u 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I guess I'll have to do a trial and error test.

7. hawglet

hawglet 1/2 ton status

It all depends on how worn/saggy your springs are and the actual-overall inflated tire diameter is. I ran 33x12.50's on 10 inch no offset(centerline) wheels for along time. Some say it won't work, while others it does. Your trial and error method is probably best. Especially if you already own them or can get the shop to premount the front set before you buy them. Good Luck

8. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

will fit very fine unless truck is messed up, my stepdads 82 is stock and it never hits, its stock original, has 32" on it

9. Mav2u

Mav2u 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I'm pretty sure my rims don't have any offset. Anyone remember how to measure the offset? I know you put a ruler on the bolt circle (without bolt installed) and then measure the distance to the rim edge using a straight edge across the rim. But what is the factory measurement? Hmmm. I wonder?

10. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

I had 32X11.50 on mine prior to the lift and had no problems at all. I say go for it, I wish I had purchased 33X12.50 though, once I put my lift on they just looked too small /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

11. Mav2u

Mav2u 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I would like 33's but I don't want to push it until I put the 2 1/2 inch lift on later on sometime. I figure with 32's my speedo will correct itself from putting the 3:73 gears in last year. Speedo reads 4 mph fast right now, so 32's should drop the speedo down a little. I'll have to find my auto math book and find that equation for calculating that one.

I'm going to go pick up my tires either Wed. or Sat. this week. I'm not even going to leave the house on Fri. People are crazy on that shopping super day...

12. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

All good on my rig...

13. Hustler

Hustler 1/2 ton status

I have 33x12.50 on 15 x 10 rim and they fit with no problems. Stock 1990. I have even taken it off road on mild trails. No problems.

14. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

Shouldn't rub unless completely stuffed, and then only in the rear on the inside of the wheel hump. I'm running 32X11.50X16.5 on a stock 89 and have had that thing as flexed as stock can get, and had only minor rubbing w/ no tire or sheetmetal damage. Go 33 dude. You shouldn't have to noticable an effect from the swap. I ran 33s on my 72 with 3:73s, and did alright. See if there is another K5er near you who would let you try on his 33s. That's the way to do it. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

15. Mav2u

Mav2u 1/2 ton status

I put on the BFG A/T's 32x11.50R15 and they rubbed a smidge on the front running boards. I trimmed them hosiers back and they fit okay now, but still a smidge close I would bet on a full stuff in a turn. I definitely couldn't have fit 33's on this rig. I'm thinking some people must have the HD susupension on that gives them a little more clearance. Here is a pic of my rig with the 32's on it. 89 K5 w/32x11.50 R15's

Mav