Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

33" BF TA KM's are they the best???...what is...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Intense Blue, Dec 2, 2001.

1. Intense Blue

Intense Blue Registered Member

33\" BF TA KM\'s are they the best???...what is...

what is the best tire for the buck!! .......is it the BF KM's or goodyear wrangler's, thornbirds, wild country...it's your guys opinions so let me know!!!!!!.... battle of the tires!!!

2. 1979Jimmy

1979Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Re: 33\" BF TA KM\'s are they the best???...what is...

it really all depends on what you wanna do, street, mud, rocks?

79 Jimmy, 5" lift 35 M/T with a 383 puttin out 400hp and 450lb/ft. Locked front and back.

3. Intense Blue

Intense Blue Registered Member

needing a street 33" tire and occasionaly in snow and mud...something that looks good and wont howl too much, but a little tire noise isn't bad...looking to buy tires soon and theres so many brands out there, need help choosing!!!!!!!! was looking at thornbirds,BF TA KM"s,wild country,goodyear????? looking to spend about $150 a tire...anyone help me with some pointers.thanks

4. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

First, please fill out your profile.

For any mud, AT's are useless..........from my experience anyway with BFG's. The BFG Mud Terrains are great overall and not too noisy on the street. I run SSR's right now, they howl very slightly and are good on the street in my opinion. I like the looks of them, as well as of the Goodyear MTR.

<font color=blue>'79 ONE TON TPI K5 - See it at---&gt;<a target="_blank" href=http://www.blazzinor.rockcrawler.com>www.blazzinor.rockcrawler.com</a>

5. kumma

kumma 1/2 ton status

Re: 33

I can tell you that on the street they are very good. they handle very predictable and make a tad more noise than the set of at's they replaced. Keep in mind my jimmy has no carpet or interior now but before it had everything in it, im guessing that when its back togeher it will be pretty quiet. On wet pavement the km's are pretty decent as well. I have taken them off road yet so i cant tell you that. The tire look awesome on the jimmy but you would never buy a tire for looks would you. Also 35's from costco ran just over 150 a piece out the door.

"Why is there a <font color=red>watermelon</font color=red> here?"

6. Eric78K5

Eric78K5 1/2 ton status

FourWheeler just did an article on six different mud tires. The goodyear MT/R got better ratings all around than the BFG KM did.

Eric78K5
    K5-Because Size Matters!