Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

33 inch question

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by crithke, Jun 26, 2003.

1. crithke

crithke Registered Member

I read different places that the maximum tire size for a stock lift is 33x12.50

I've been thinking about putting those on my truck, however I have one quick question. Some of you may think this vain, however I don't take my truck offroad much (yes, I realize this is a 4x4 site). I'd like to move to the larger tire (i'm running 31x10.50 atm) however I don't want to have a situation on my hands where I got off of a curb or those times I do partake in some bogging and tear up my fenderwells. This truck is a restoration project for me, not a trail rig project, I'm protective of my body panels and my paint. After all the rambling, down to the question...If I run the 33s will I have to worry about my fenderwells? or is there enough clearance for me to do what I want without killing them

Any help is appreciated

2. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

i have 33's on mine with stock suspension and saggy butt syndrome. i have never had any problems at all. i dont flex mine which most of the guys here do. i just play in the mud so "stuffing" doesnt matter or affect me. mine are on 15x8 rims. i havent gotten my 15 x 10's yet so we but i know that will increse the likely hood on the front for damage. hopefully with the lift it wont be a prob.

just my .02

nathan
    69K5

3. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

you would probobly rub at flex..but if you dont get flexy much i wouldnt give it a second thought really..also what kind of gearing do you got?

4. crithke

crithke Registered Member

[ QUOTE ]
    you would probobly rub at flex..but if you dont get flexy much i wouldnt give it a second thought really..also what kind of gearing do you got?

[/ QUOTE ]

stock - like i said, not my trail rig, heh
    the 350 w/the turbo 375 tranny and the np205 transfer case if that matters too

5. pr1aw

pr1aw 1/2 ton status

I have 33x12.5 on 8 inch rims. I rub the fender going over curbs, but the nibbler is going to come out soon. Most of the time I don't rub though.

6. JIMs70K25

JIMs70K25 1/2 ton status

I had 31x12.5 on 8" rims and did not rub, but the tires on 10" rims and the tires caught the fang every turn. Running 33x 12.5s on 15x10s now w/ 2" lift. If you stay with 8" wide rims and stock back spacing you should be fine.