Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

33" Tires

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by chev4life, Dec 3, 2001.

1. chev4life

chev4life 1/2 ton status

33\" Tires

Anyone know if its possible to fit 33" tires on a stock height '87 K5? If not what is the min lift to do to fit them and whats a good lift to do for all around....towing, snow, mud, just alot of screwing around?

2. White Knight

White Knight 1/2 ton status

Re: 33\" Tires

They wouldn't fit on my '83, went to a 4 " pro-comp, and cut a little bit of fenders, it rubbed under full flex.

White Knight

3. greg83k5

greg83k5 1/2 ton status

they fit my '83........ rubbed just a bit on the front driver's side, back lip by the door. bashed it back with a hammer and was good to go. this was on-pavement, surely getting all flexed up would result in rubbin'....

4. Slayer

Slayer 1/2 ton status

Eastern Colorado, jokingly referred to as Western

33's wouldn't fit my stock '77, but they fit perfectly with the 4inch lift. Sometimes I wish that I had cut the fenders and gone with 35's, oh well. I had some bad luck with Goodyear Wrangler AT's, and bought BFG AT KO's and thought that they were good until winter came, now I don't know what will work good on snow and ice. Gotta do some more research on tires and weather performance. Good luck with your tires.

<font color=blue>I don't know everything, I just think that I do.............</font color=blue>[​IMG]

5. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I could only fit 32's at stock on my 84. I lifted it 2.5 inches and they fit fine...Only have rubbed a couple of times.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.community.webshots.com/user/vwryda>Welcome to Bucketheadland</a>

6. 83bowtyblazer

83bowtyblazer 1/2 ton status

I Got 33's on my 83 with factory suspension and the only time it rubs is full right turn while mashing the gas in reverse. I've run up over curbs and stuff to see if they's rub and they didn't.

Ryan

Never knock on DEATH's door. Ring the bell and run...he hates that!!!!

7. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

it depends on your rims if you have a negative offset they wont fit without rubbing but if you have a positive offset like i do they fit fine i can score a 704 on a 23 degree rti ramp and dont rub i have jumped my blazer and still no rubbing i wheel fairly hard and have never rubbed take a look at my pics and videos below

wheeling videoshttp://community.webshots.com/user/ssmith6333

8. SWIVEL

SWIVEL Registered Member

just this past weekend i slapped 33x12.50x15 TSLs on my stocker. I had to do a two second trim job that is not even visible to the daily driver. i really love the way they look too.

So I got that going for me.....which is nice!

9. J.C.Staley

J.C.Staley Registered Member

My 33s had no problem on a stock 84. They were 9.5 wide and that's the difference. Any wider you need to lift. I did put a 2" add-a-leaf so I could fit chains on the front as well as the rear but if you never need chains you can run 33x9.50 on a stock K5

10. FatBoyBlazer

FatBoyBlazer 1/2 ton status

i have 32x11.5 they only rubbed when i ramped it(loading dock) and then i put on the lift and i flexed it on a ramp(loading dock thing) an i came close to rubbing them in the back

hola

11. chev4life

chev4life 1/2 ton status

What parts do you have to trim? Is it a pretty simple trim job?

12. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

Check out the tech section on this site, there are pictures and a write up.

<a target="_blank" href=http://new.wavlist.com/movies/031/ag-blow.wav>"I ain't nobody, dork."</a>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/bigkern76>http://www.geocities.com/bigkern76</a>