Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

33x10.50 BFG AT report

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Wingnutt, May 19, 2003.

1. Wingnutt

Wingnutt 1/2 ton status

AT long last they are on. On something as big as a K-5 with stock 7" wheels they look a bit like pizza cutters. I replaced my Sport Kings with them, the Sport Kings were totally worn out, so my report is slightly biased. I noticed and immediate response as soon as I backed out of the garage. They required much less effort to turn and my K-5 seems to ride like a caddy now. It's amazing what differance new tires can make. They tend to wonder a bit above 80mph but under that they track straight and true. They corner much better than my old Sport Kings ever did and MUCH quiter.

I was a little bit worried about them rubbing when we lowered the truck to the ground, so I carefully ran the steering wheel from lock to lock as I drove around the parking lot; no rubbing great, but off road? Well to answer that question I hit a mild trail on the way home. Nothing hard but some of the tight turns are catty-whompus and will definatly flex the suspension. I am happy to report that they didn't rub anywhere. However I must admit that I eased thru the trail, with nerves on edge just waiting for that wonderful sound of crunching metal.

So we now know the answer, 33x10.50 don't rub on stock wheels, as long as ya don't try to win a race on yer local trail.

2. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

I can't wait to try my 35x12.5x15 pro comps on my stock steelies with 4' suspension lift and a lil fender trimming /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. MousePowrd

MousePowrd 1/2 ton status

My 88 Blazer had 32" Sport Kings on it, and I liked them. They wore pretty good, but I am going with Mud Terrains on this Blazer (32/11.5)
    Any reports on how BFG MT's handle on the highway? I dont really care about wear, because they wont get that many miles on them

4. chevblazk5

chevblazk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Any reports on how BFG MT's handle on the highway? I dont really care about wear, because they wont get that many miles on them

[/ QUOTE ]

I just got 33x12.5 BFG MT's on my truck and they are lound on the highway. But, they handle good, better then the old set of Remingtons that I had on before.

5. MousePowrd

MousePowrd 1/2 ton status

Loud enough that you would want to sell them after taking a 3 hour trip up north? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. sdtPOS

sdtPOS Registered Member

BFG MT's handle fine on the highway....they also wear very well.....I put 10K miles on a almost dead set I got for ...actually I made $20 in the deal after selling my old tires...

In my opinion the BFG MT's are quiet.....especially after youve ridden on Swampers.....personally I love tire noise though....it's hypnotic,and people know youre coming

Ive also had Pro Comp MT's....I think they are even quieter than BFG's....they didnt seem to last as long though...but if you can find a deal on them theyre worth it
    (4Wheel parts used to practically give them away,I think they are now competitive with BFG though)

BFG AT's wear super well.....we have a set on a sammi that are probably 4 or 5 years old,they still have the fuzzies on em....granted it doesnt see too much highway use

7. scottnj

scottnj 1/2 ton status

I just put some BFG AT ko's on mine. 35x12.5x15
    They are the smoothest, quietest tire I have used on my blazer. I love them. Looks like tire brand and quality does make a huge difference. Got them installed and road hazzard for 676. Fit on my stock rims on the 91.
    I have a 4 inch suspension lift. First three pics on my page are the new tires.
    web page

8. chevblazk5

chevblazk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Loud enough that you would want to sell them after taking a 3 hour trip up north? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, I wouldn't sell them. They're not as loud as Swampers, but louder then most tires I ever had. If I had to I would buy another set.

9. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    On something as big as a K-5 with stock 7" wheels they look a bit like pizza cutters.

[/ QUOTE ]

Think of it this way: they are wider than the stock tires, just as wide as the optional tire size, and impossible to see how tall they are from behind, especially with no lift to show off the differing height/width over stock tires.

In other words, even to a trained eye, an unlifted truck with 33x10.5R15's won't look any different from behind than the same truck with 31x10.5's, except a slight difference in overall height of the rig. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif