Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

33X12.5X15 on 15X10 Rim

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Yohinan, Apr 5, 2004.

1. Yohinan

Yohinan 1/2 ton status

I didnt receive much response from a thread in another forum area so I thought I would try here. I have a friend with a 95 Chevy 1500 with 33X12.50X15 M/T tires on 15x10 rims. His truck is not lifted and is at stock height. He bought the truck this way and does not know the backspacing on the rims. What I am wondering is if I were to purchase 33X12.5X15 tires on 15X10 rims what backspacing would I need to get them to fit? Or should I just ask if they will fit the Suburban? They would be going on my 95 Suburban 1500 4X4 that is at stock height, ie not lifted. Please advise. Thanks for all the help. John

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Please, not another thread about 33s on a stock truck. please, no, make it stop!!!!!

3. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Please, not another thread about 33s on a stock truck. please, no, make it stop!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe we can convince him to get 38's or higher (evil face smiley) muahahahaha /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. Yohinan

Yohinan 1/2 ton status

Not sure if your being sarcastic or not but, maybe money is not an issue for you but it is for me. If money was not an issue I would have my 03 2500 HD 4x4 w/46" however money is not growing on the trees in my backyard. If I could get a serious response rather than a negative on it would be sincerely appreciated. Thanks again. If you post was meant jokingly then please disregard my response. John

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I'll answer seriously then.

This question has been answered literally thousands of times on this board. Do a search and you'll find so much information on this that I'd have carpal tunnel before I could type it all.

6. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Sorry, I didn't mean to offend, I dont understand what your asking, 33X12.5X15 MTR's on 15X10 Rim is the same as 33X12.5X15 on 15X10 Rim. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

7. Yohinan

Yohinan 1/2 ton status

Maybe I am a little confusing. The tires are a 33 X 12.5 X 15 Mud Terrain Radial's on a 15 X 10 Rim. I am just wondering if anyone knows what backspacing I need to make sure the rims are so they fit the Burb without terrible rub. Thanks again. John.

P.S. I did the search but didnt find the exact info I was looking for. I shall start the quest of searching again and maybe I will find it.

8. mr_fujisawa

mr_fujisawa 1/2 ton status

i think they'll fit fine. but maybe you want to run an 8" wide rim to keep the rub to a minimum.
    hope that helps.

9. big jimmy 91

big jimmy 91 1/2 ton status

10. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    i think they'll fit fine. but maybe you want to run an 8" wide rim to keep the rub to a minimum.
    hope that helps.

[/ QUOTE ]

8" rim would help out with the rubbing...

justin

11. Yohinan

Yohinan 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the replies. Just what I was looking for. I may try getting something worked out to be able to fit the 15 X 10's without rubbing. Not a full on suspension lift but maybe some new springs or something. I put a post in the Off Road Design section seeing what is recommended. Thanks again for the help. John