Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

33x12.5x15 @ stock height

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by xdelirious45x, Jun 16, 2004.

1. xdelirious45x

xdelirious45x Registered Member

I have a set of 33x12.5x15 on my 88 k5 blazer. It has its stock height, when i turn the wheel almost 2 full turns I can hear a rubbing sound. I want to trim the fenders, does anyone have any pics of exactly where to trim them?

Secondly, when money comes available, I plan on upgrading to a 4" or 6" lift with 35" tires. Therefore, trimming the fenders are only to my gain.

Thirdly, does anyone know where I can purchase projector lights for the blazer??? /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

3. 88bblazen

88bblazen Registered Member

hey i got the exact same application i trimmed a about two inches up from the bottom of the front fenders and its working fine for me /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif

4. sickquad

sickquad 1/2 ton status

I always wondered if just a 2" lift would allow you to run 33's without any rubbing. Anybody done this? I think it would be a great combination for some light trail running.

-Chris

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

God, do a search already. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

This topic has come up EVERY week for the last three years!

6. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    I always wondered if just a 2" lift would allow you to run 33's without any rubbing. Anybody done this? I think it would be a great combination for some light trail running.

-Chris

[/ QUOTE ] a 2" lift would be enough.

7. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    God, do a search already. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

This topic has come up EVERY week for the last three years!

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

I agree. When I saw the title, I thought it was a joke! /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

8. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

I've got 2.5" lift and I've never had a rubbing problem with my 33x12.5's.

9. HD

HD 1/2 ton status

When I got my frist K5 ('75) I put 33s on with no lift and I didn't rub to much. But I did go ahead and put add-a-leafs in the front and rear for a 2 inch lift and never rubbed a bit.

10. CyberSniper

CyberSniper 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I rubbed with no lift and 33s on 15x10s and I still rub with the same tires and 4" of lift. I just have to try a little harder. It'll also only do it when my swaybar is unhooked.

11. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

I run 33's with a 2 1/2" lift. I haven't had any problems with rubbing yet. Even at full flex. The only problem I've had is my brake lines. Those will get changed when I get back to the states next year and I get my truck back.

Rick

12. k5freak44

k5freak44 1/2 ton status

With 33s u dont rub on ur fenders, you rub on your stearing arm. This is only if you have 15x8 or stock wheels. I was running a 4in lift with 35s and that was my only problem. Couldent be fixed with triming.

13. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

I had 2 or 2.5 with 33 12.50 on 10 wides and it rubbed bad when I trucked them (flexed) but I got plenty of clearance with 4" now /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

14. 85-454blazer

85-454blazer Registered Member

Don't look at the topic if it does not interset you. Why do you want to be this way? For full bennies this is not a free site - I paid my money. Be polite.

15. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

I haven't had any problem with anything rubbing yet. But I also have 33x10.50's, not 12.50's. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif