Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

35" Goodyear MT

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by redkick17, Aug 26, 2003.

1. redkick17

redkick17 Newbie

35\" Goodyear MT

I have a 85 K5 and am thinking of putting on 35" 12.5 x 15 MT Goodyear tires. It has a 3" lift. Will I need to trim the fenders and will the tires fit on OK the 8" rims.

Thanks
    Redkick17

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Re: 35\" Goodyear MT

definite fender trimming needing. with 3" body lift you will be able to fit 33s. Require a good bit of trimming to fit 35s.

3. Rolled

Rolled 1/2 ton status

I've got 35x12.5x15's with a 4 inch lift. No trimming needed at all. Why? I assume it's because the tires are really 33 inch. They say 35 but they are not. I was just down at the tire store yesterday with a tape measure and guess what? The guys there told me to subtract a couple inches to get the *real* tire size.

I bet yours are smaller as well and *should* fit without rubbing. Of course, that's if you don't do any real flexing. For around town, you should be fine.

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

no not really. Off brands and some majors are smaller than advertised but MT/Rs are pretty darn accurate. As well as squeezing them on 8" rims will balloon them out a little and even make them bigger.

5. WARP1

WARP1 Registered Member

I have the 315/75-16 MTR and I had to trim the front fenders. I have a '73 Blazer with a 4" suspension lift. I had 33" BFGs (really like 32") with no triming.