Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

35" Mickey Thompons gear ratio

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 73K5, May 5, 2000.

1. 73K5

73K5 Registered Member

35\" Mickey Thompons gear ratio

Just getting into 4x4. Don't know much 'bout mechanical issues, either. What I <font color=purple>do</font color=purple> know is that my 73K5 is getting 35" Mickey Thompson tires thrown on it, & that I'm looking for your recommendation of gear ratios to save the transmission. Unfortunately, this 4x4 beast will undergo lots of highway driving, so fuel economy's a minor issue. (Any K5 owner that thinks MPG is a major issue is driving the wrong vehicle!)
    [​IMG]
    Click for tire info: http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/baja_bajabeltedhp.html
    Ratio calculator available on the web: http://www.off-road.com/chevy/calc.html

2. Executioner

Executioner 1/2 ton status

Temp. Ft. Walton Beach Fl. home=Tucson, Az.
    Re: 35\" Mickey Thompons gear ratio

You need to give us some more information.............
    Go with 4.09:1, 4.10:1, 4.11:1 the choice is yours.
    Good luck

3. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

Re: 35\" Mickey Thompons gear ratio

Well..4.09, 4.10, and 4.11 can all be basically considered the same gear ratio, just different brands of axles used the sligthly different ratio just because the design called for different combination of gear teeth.
    Anyway, something in that range would give you decent cruising rpm at 55-65 mph (not too high) and acceleration since you probably don't have an overdrive trans. If you are more concerned about off-the-line acceleration and power, than 4.56's work pretty good.