Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

$35 power window motors

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by K5Chris, Apr 23, 2004.

1. K5Chris

K5Chris 1/2 ton status

i ordered these motors and just put one side in, and works great. can't beat $35 for brand new lifetime warranty motors. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

http://store.yahoo.com/dpstore/22020900-6.html

2. hatchetjack

hatchetjack Registered Member

For sure!! I just replaced one in mine for the second time. Paid more than that for the first one, got the second from NAPA for $39............

3. spearchucker

spearchucker 1/2 ton status

Just an FYI: It's possible to rebuild the motors. You drill out the 11 rivets that hold the bracket on and motor casing together and pop it apart. Clean the useless hardened grease off the nylon gears with some cleaner. Remove the motor and wipe it down. Turn the motor brushes around to give you 'new' brushes. Apply dielectric grease to all the electrical contacts. Apply new bearing grease to the 3 gears and reassemble the casing. In place of the rivets you drilled out use some 10/24 bolts and nuts with some locktite. It shouldn't take more than an hour or 2 to do and the next time you need to service it, it'll be alot easier. Not only that but it's basically free. Unless there's a gear stripped inside then you should be able to do this.

4. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Do you have to remove the actually window in order to get to the rivets you speak of?

5. spearchucker

You need to remove the motor from the actuator. I don't know remember if you need to take the window regulator out also in order to get the motor off, but I removed the regulator with the motor attached since I wanted to clean and grease it also. The rivets that I drilled out were on the window motor itself. Is that what you were after?

6. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Yeah that helps. I read somewhere that you had to remove the entire window assembly just to dril out the rivets to get the motor off.

7. spearchucker

The motor is held to the regulator with 3 bolts.