Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

35"s on my 90 K5

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by punchdrunk, Sep 26, 2001.

1. punchdrunk

punchdrunk Registered Member

35\"s on my 90 K5

I have a 90 K5.I just purchased a dana 60 and a 14 bolt,want to fit 35" m/t's without going any higher than necesary,what's the best route without trimming wheelwells and without blocks?

2. Blazin Obsession

Blazin Obsession Registered Member

Re: 35\"s on my 90 K5

You will require more than 4" inches of lift to get the clearance required for the front fenders, I have a 4" lift and 35" mud TA tires and they hit from time to time, and not only does it wreck the fender but the tires get cut up too.
    To get away from blocks, a rear shackle reversal would be best to keep a soft ride, but I am not sure if you can get any more than 4" of lift that way and may need a 2" body lift also, hope I was of some help.

3. Rockjunkies

Rockjunkies 1/2 ton status

You could also run a 2" lift spring in the rear with the shackle reveresed, and a 6" spring upfront. If you don't want to trim the fenders you will have to go atleast 6".

Keep it simple <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/album71>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/album71</a>

4. K5thatShmobs

K5thatShmobs 1/2 ton status

Go with any 6" system. Systems are usually the term for lifts that include rear springs and not add-a-leafs and/or blocks in the rear. I have a 6" all spring lift from Tuff Country, and Im running 35x16 boggers. Tuff Country came highly recommended to me, and I absolutely love it. The harware is high quality, I get tons of flex (I even make my buddy's all coil suspension on his Cherokee look stiff.), and the ride is superb. The four 6" springs, all the neccessary hardware, and a 4" raised steering arm cost only about $750. I rubbed a little in the front when Im flexing a lot, but that's only because I'm running a 16 inch wide tire. (Besides that, they're Boggers for God sake.) I fixed that little problem with a little trimming. However, your mud terrains are most likely 12.50 inches wide, not quite as tall as the boggers, (taking the bogger tread into consideration) so you should be able to pack those tires into uncut, unmodified fenders quite nicely. If you can, avoid a body lift at all costs... you get more frame flex, you get tranny shifter issues, the radiator is raised above the fan, and your bumpers look like [censored]. Go all suspension if you can. Hope I could be of assistance.

Chris

5. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

I'm running the same combo (D60/14BFF) on my '79 with a 4" Tuff Country HD lift............and 35x12.5x16 SSR's. They rubbed stock anywhere but in my driveway [​IMG].........so it was sawzall time. 6" should make it OK, but if you have a swaybar disconnect kit (as I do) they may still rub. I have a Warn M1200 winch up front, which may add enough weight to aid in the rubbing, but definitely need a 6" lift if you have an aversion to the sawzall [​IMG].

<font color=blue>'79 ONE TON TPI K5 - See it at---&gt;<a target="_blank" href=http://www.blazzinor.rockcrawler.com>www.blazzinor.rockcrawler.com</a>