Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

35" tires with a 4" lift fitment

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 91K5, Apr 14, 2002.

1. 91K5

91K5 1/2 ton status

35\" tires with a 4\" lift fitment

How well do 35" tires fit with a 4" lift on a K5? I've seen a few on the members rides pages but it looks like it varies a lot for some reason. Some look to fit great while others not so good. I want to fit 35's with as little lift as possible to keep driveline angles down and I'm not too interested in a body lift. Just wondering if this setup works decently.

2. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Re: 35\" tires with a 4\" lift fitment

I had a '79 that 35x12.5x16.5 BFG ATs fit just fine... throw them on, and trim the fenders some... No problem! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

3. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

35's on a 15x8" will not rub under normal driving conditions but will rub if off road and put to use. Fitment depends really on what size rim you decide to use, and also what brand lift you have, and how you drive. I personally would not run a 35" tire on a 4" lift without expecting some kind of rubbing going on.

4. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

I have them on my blazer with a 4" lift they do rub off road but i havent cut the fenders yet but i do have a sway bar in the front and if i really get the front end tweaked while goin over bumpy crap my tires will rub and i have done some body damage from it, but when i trim my fenders i am pretty sure that i will not have that problem anymore, and the back is fine they dont rub at all and i am running 15x10's on 35x12.5 bfg mud terrains, pictures are in the link in my signature
    Hope that helps
    Jason