Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

350/208 to 465/205

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Wally81k5, Feb 20, 2003.

1. Wally81k5

Wally81k5 1/2 ton status

I know there hae been some post on this in the past, but i search and can only find a little info. I still have some q's. I have no motor in it right now.

1)Once i drop the driveshafts and cross member, will the tranny just lower out with the t-case or are there some bolt holding them in on top?

2)Does anyone have any tips from doing it themselves?

3)Will my old speedo cable hook up?

4)What other lines do i need to keep? Like that tv cable or do i not have one?

5)Whats up with the reverse light going from auto to std?

2. KrebsATM02

KrebsATM02 1/2 ton status

1)Once i drop the driveshafts and cross member, will the tranny just lower out with the t-case or are there some bolt holding them in on top?

Yup, no bolts on the top.

2)Does anyone have any tips from doing it themselves?

get a friend, or a jack. Chain it to the frame when you take the bolts out so you don't have to worry about it falling on you, then use the jack to lower it

3)Will my old speedo cable hook up?

don't know

4)What other lines do i need to keep? Like that tv cable or do i not have one?

you shouldn't have one, you probably have a kick down lever and you won't need it

5)Whats up with the reverse light going from auto to std?

find where the reverse light is on the auto, i'd imagine it is in the steering column, but i could be wrong.