Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

350 block what should i do with it?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by broncoman6524, Jul 8, 2006.

1. broncoman6524

broncoman6524 1/2 ton status

I've got a 350 core out of a 93 burb. i havent pulled it apart yet and was wonderin what yall would do with it. This is on a budget by the way. My plan i to tear it all down and have it bored out just enought to clean the cylnders. Then order a 383 kit from northern auto parts. Run an edelbrock air gap intake, vortec heads, and and edelbrock carb. Im not sure on the cam but i was looking into Comp's "big time torque" setups.

OR

just rebuild the 350 with a few minor modifications;) . IE cam, pistons, heads.

Any other ways yall would do this?

2. 1985_K5_Silverado

1985_K5_Silverado 1/2 ton status

How much money, everything included, do you plan on sinking into this engine?

3. broncoman6524

I dunn i was planning on doing it for my senior project and then put it in my truck. Im a junior now so i've got about 2 years to do it. I was thinking about starting now and just taking alot of pictures and documenting everything. All in all i was thinking around 1500 for everything? im not realy sure of what im gettin into. lol

4. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

BONUS. Great stuff if you can credit, rebuilt engine, experience with (XRABONUS) the shop tools and senior help. Win,win,win.:D
    As for what kind of motor, what will you use it for?

5. broncoman6524

Its going in my dd 84 k5. I only mud bog around here so i dont need the most torque although obviously some is good.:D I run 33 a/t but plan to run 35 mt eventually.

6. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

DD, mud, no dessert rock trail; maybe center your torque and horsepower around ~3500. It will still take some umph to get those 35s started. Just my opinion.:D