Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

350 Block

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JimmyJuneau, Aug 21, 2001.

1. JimmyJuneau

JimmyJuneau 1/2 ton status

Does anyone in here know where I can get a 350 that needs a rebuild? Prefferably in the Seattle area. Ill have to have it barged to Juneau.
    Thanks

1985 GMC JIMMY<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by JimmyJuneau on 08/21/01 02:03 PM.</FONT></P>

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Brian, you can't find one anywhere locally??? I would imagine, after cost and time, a short block from GM would be a better $$ deal. Just a suggestion...

I live just outside of Seattle, and I would think the $300 for a block (typically) would turn into a lot more after you have someone box it up, and barge it. Have you already checked on the pricing of barging a block?

Dorian
    My tech/links page: <a target="_blank" href=http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html>http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html</a>
    No anti-theft measures on your truck? No pity when its stolen

3. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

I am wiht DOrian on that. I wanted to do the same thing to cut some cost. After dipping, magnifluxin, buying new balanced parts, having the block machined to the exact parts dimensions( first step of blue printing a block), final assembly misc. parts. It cost me 3K more than I expected and 1700 more than a GM performance assmebled block kit. AND my numbers werent much higher than the GMs.