Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

350 cam ?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by nicotine, Jan 2, 2005.

1. nicotine

nicotine 1/2 ton status

i have a rebuilt 350 i am getting ready to put in it is bored .30 over and has normall carb heads and a D.U.I distributor and hi rise with holley four barrel. i am looking to put a bigger cam in it before install what is good size that will put out power but without losing vacum? and how much hp should i expect to get out of a cam upgrade?

2. nicotine

nicotine 1/2 ton status

anyone?

3. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

My best suggestion would be to call your favorite camshaft manufacturer and let them recommed a cam for your application. They will ask all of the details about your truck and engine and make a recommendation.:waytogo:

4. nicotine

nicotine 1/2 ton status

what is everyones favroite cam manufacture?

5. bigblock44k5

bigblock44k5 1/2 ton status

Need some more info such as what your cruising rpm is, what rpm range you want most of your power, and anything else about the engine you can think of. Also be sure to include what kind of springs you have to establish how much lift you can run.

I order all my parts from Unlimited Products. They specialize in chevy and have great prices.