Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

350 crate motor 330hp help

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Storm Trooper, Nov 24, 2000.

1. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    Hay guys, I,m putting a new chevy motor in my 87 K5 and am wondering if any of you put headers on your motors? The stock power stearing brackets mount to the manifold and I want to avoid this. Any Ideas?

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

The headers I've used in the past came with a spacer and an extra-long bolt to attach any brackets that mounted to the exhaust manifold. Some of the brackets may look like you don't really need them, but install them anyway. Usually the smaller brackets that go back to the manifold are there to cure a vibration problem. Install the bracket or the pump may vibrate itself to death.

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    http://ThunderTruck.ColoradoK5.com

3. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    Thanks Harry, I did find the brackets I needed and If anyone else needs to know, if you don't want your AC anymore and need the simple brackets, you can use brackets off a 70 Chevelle/Nova etc. that DID NOT have AC. Been working on this truck for the past two months and should be firing it up realy soon !!!!! 330hp just waiting.....

4. Highlander

Highlander 1/2 ton status

when i had my landcrusier i put a ALAN GROVE bracket on the small block you can find those in or at street rod shops an mags.This work great for me. good luck.

GAS ON IT!

5. LAZYMON

LAZYMON 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Hey Storm Trooper where did you get the engine from. I've been looking into one of those for my TransAm at
    http://www.sdpc2000.com/

Topless73