Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

350 in a ford ranger

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by jasonkh2tg, Jan 25, 2004.

1. jasonkh2tg

jasonkh2tg 1/2 ton status

Just a thought...I have a 93 ford ranger as a daily driver very nice truck very dependable...I know you can put a ford 302 in there but has anyone heard of putting a chevy 350 in a ford ranger...I was thinking someday if I ever have the engine out I would like to install a plastic model 1:1 scale of a 350 to see how it would fit and what kind of fabraction would be needed.....any insight would be great or if you have ever heard of this being done let me know.....Ive heard of 350's going in just about everything, but never a ranger.OH it's 2 wheel drive almost forgot..

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Its gonna be work. But hey you'd be eligible to compete in SuperChevy Show's conversion class. As long as drivetrain is Chevy it will be cool. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. jasonkh2tg

jasonkh2tg 1/2 ton status

I think it's possible...I plan on running a manual steering gear witch I can get at the parts store....there are a couple of things to really consider...1 being the engine crossmember It can not be removed the engine will have to mount to it..WHY because the twin I beam front axle bolts to the engine cross member....also to consider is the left hand manifold and how and what will clear the steering shaft...also Im thinking that the 350 if bolted to the current cross-member will sit to high for the turbo 350 tranny to clear the fire-wall cab seam.....but I know I can do it but I just don't want to have more work than planned from the beginning.....