Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

350 rebuild kit Qs

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by seslick77, Mar 11, 2002.

1. seslick77

seslick77 1/2 ton status

Trying to figure out what rebuild kit to use on this motor. Casting number on back of block is 14093638 and the heads(center bolt style) are 14102193. Not sure if this was carb. or FI cause it is missing the intake. www.naparts.com lists several kits for the 87-up blocks (350-6 Carb Roller, 350-7 Roller, 350-8 Roller, 350 K Truck FI, 350 M Truck Carb) but I don't know which one I have. Does it make a difference on the internals? Wouldn't think Chevy would build that many different style engines. Planning on goin carb. and nothin special, just a simple rebuild.

Is there another number on the block to be able to tell exactly what year and what it was originally installed in? Thanx Sam

2. Zepplin

Zepplin 1/2 ton status

First, go to www.mortec.com/wmotor.htm and use the block number to see what year it is. Second, most of the internals were the same for almost 30 years on the 350. But, the differences could be the roller cam and lifter engines.

Try this site for listing of available engine kits: http://engineparts.com/ceekonline/make.asp There is a online catalog of the kits that are offered.

3. seslick77

seslick77 1/2 ton status

Ok, did all that, allready new it was a 87-95. Your site says: 2 or 4 bolt, Roller or flat tappetcam, 1 piece rear main seal. That still doesn't help me with what kit I'm supposed to get. Help is appreciated, Sam

4. Stomp

Stomp 1/2 ton status

5. Zepplin

Zepplin 1/2 ton status

What are you looking for in the kit? Do you want stock replacement parts or do you want some performance parts?
    You can customize the bill of materials for the kit anyway you want.

What kit are you supposed to get?