Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

350 TBI Buid up

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by sublmnl1990, Nov 11, 2004.

1. sublmnl1990

sublmnl1990 1/2 ton status

My original 350 just passed the 220K mark and I want to start planning on a build up. The main thing though is I want to keep it legal emission wise, I want to get a sytem that works well together. I had a holley tbi on a previous truck and with the changing climate it seemed that I was always adjusting it. This is my daily driver aswell so I want to go mild not wild. Thinking a cam, heads, Bigger TBI. I am not sure but what exactly I want but I do want to get stuff that works together so if anyone has done this before or can at least tell me what not to do that would be great. Thanks Nick /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

2. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I recomend a Edelbrock Performer. Matched Cam and intake package. They are 50 state smog legal and work good. Even tho their cams are a bit on the mild side.
    World Torquer II center bolt iron heads. They flow good and are relitivaly cheap for performance heads.
    You will also need an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. and prolly a chip.
    Go here:http://www.cfm-tech.com/GM_tbi_tuning_tips.htm
    READ the blue links on the left side of the page. Espically the ones about heads Cam Intake, Tuneing, and bolt on mods. They will help you a lot to understand TBI. CFM-Tech also sells larger blueprinted GM TBs, flow matched injectors custom chips for the ECM and other performance mods for TBI.
    You will also need good exhaust and headers. Edelbrock and Doug thorley make 50 state smog legal headers.
    If you build it right you will be making around 275+ RWHP hp.

3. sublmnl1990

sublmnl1990 1/2 ton status

I am running Hooker headers now with the free flow cat and it straight duals after that. Yeah its the chip thing or computer part is that I want to avoid having a problem with. Thanks /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif