Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

350 TBI Build up

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sublmnl1990, Nov 11, 2004.

1. sublmnl1990

sublmnl1990 1/2 ton status

My original 350 just passed the 220K mark and I want to start planning on a build up. The main thing though is I want to keep it legal emission wise, I want to get a sytem that works well together. I had a holley tbi on a previous truck and with the changing climate it seemed that I was always adjusting it. This is my daily driver aswell so I want to go mild not wild. Thinking a cam, heads, Bigger tbi. Iam not sure bit I want to get stuff that works together so if anyone has done this before or can atleast tell me what not to do that would be great. Thanks Nick /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

2. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

My original 350 is approaching 260k miles so I am starting to plan a build myself. Like you I need a very reliable truck but I also want lots of power. I am looking at the same mods as you. The biggest question is fuel delivery. I am looking at the Howell Multi port system. I can get that system as basically a "plug in" for my '90 K-5 for $1150. So far that's the best deal I've found. I'd be interested to know what you are looking at.

3. sublmnl1990

I have been looking at the Eldebrock package which consist of a combo of heads cam manifold an options of a bigger tbi or a multi port set up. I also have been checking into buy a State Trooper car with the LT1 and pulling everything (computer0 and running that but I am not sure if it is that easy. Nick /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

4. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

Isn't that package from edelbrock fairly pricey? I have looked at the edelbrock stuff but it seems like you could put together a package with other manufacturers and save alot of money. what do you think? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

5. sublmnl1990

yeah but what I like about it you know it will all work together thats kinda why I am hoping someone else has done this and can tell me exactly what to do. /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

6. chevyjeff

chevyjeff 1/2 ton status

here is my tbi build up. runs really good and has decent power and worked w/ stock f.i.

350 .30 over
    9.3 compression
    comp cam (tbi and tpi compatable) pt# 12-249-xx
    stock heads of 88 trans-am gta
    edelbrock tbi performer
    stock ecm prom

future mods:
    tbi headers
    ported tbi w/ adjustable fuel regulator and injector spacer
    custom prom for ecm

should net about 275-300 hp when i am done