Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

350 TBI Leaky Valve Covers

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by blazen_md, Nov 3, 2003.

1. blazen_md

blazen_md 1/2 ton status

Alright got a 90 k5 with original 212,000 mile tbi 350 with center bolt valve covers. I started with originals and never leaked a drop of oil. Well when I went and put valve seals in I got the bright idea of putting gm performance chrome bowtie covers on since then they have been leaking. I tried fel-pro corks and rubbers and mr.gasket extra thick corks on the bowtie covers. never stopped leaking. I then went back to my stock covers. I used felpro rubber cork and then I even went to gm and bought the $12 a piece oe valve cover gaskets and that is what are currently on there now and they still leak oil. Do you guys have any remedys. This is gettin old and would like to know of any helpful hints you guys may have thanks!

2. burbBoy

burbBoy 1/2 ton status

Take the covers off and make sure the lip where the gasket sits isnt bent up. It should sit nice and flat on the head without the gasket on. All ive run is the cheap rubber gaskets and have yet to have a leak. Make sure you dont over torque the bolts. Just grab a 1/4" drive ratchet or a nut driver to tighten em.