Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

350 TBI Questions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by N22AJ, Aug 23, 2005.

1. N22AJ

N22AJ Newbie

Hey,

I've got a 350 TBI that is smoking, not bad. I know its burnt/worn valve seals.

So here is my problem. This thing is a little tired and I want a little more HP. Although with gas the way it is I have been considering a Diesel swap. But I would have to pay out the nose to get the kind of power I want out of the diesel.

If I tear into the 350, to fix the valve seals, then I'll want to do stuff to add HP while I can.

What do you all siggest to be the easiest ways to add HP to 350 TBI? I am not crazy about the TBI...do I switch it to a carb or a better FI system?

Give me some suggestions if you have time.

2. tx_sub

tx_sub 1/2 ton status

if new heads are in the budget, torquer s/r is a decent head that will bolt up iirc. aftermarket intake, mild cam or switch to roller. if you are keeping the heads, do a port and polish, gasket match. maybe roller rockers. if you do major changes to the setup like cam and diff heads, its time to look into a new chip. these are just a few suggestions, others may know more. i also suggest you do a search for tbi performance, it has been discussed many times over and should answer some of your questions.

3. N22AJ

N22AJ Newbie

Thanks!

4. justwhatido

justwhatido 1/2 ton status

Deisel costs more than regular unleaded

Why swap because of the price of fuel?

5. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

First thing i would do is get an adjustable fuel pressure regulator... it will make any other mods easier to cope with and you'll pick up 10 hp.

aftermarket efi manifold(kind of pricey but worth it).
    Headers, exhaust, air filter
    computer cam(made to work with stock prom)
    Bigger tbi: i have a holley 670 cfm
    Dart iron eagle 180cc heads... can be had for 800 bucks new on ebay and they will blow the torquers out of the water.

Hope this helps

:waytogo: