Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

350 timing???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by incognyto, Nov 14, 2002.

1. incognyto

incognyto Registered Member

Just put a 350 outa a rolled 86 4x4 chev truck, into my wrangler, everything's better except acceleration when you matt it. I don't know what the timing should be and my Hayne's manual say's to refer to the VECI label. Problem is this is the second 350 that's been in the truck and the VECI is for a 5.0?? also is there better degrees to use when lookin for performance vs. economy???

Thanks in advance. /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. jtpepper

jtpepper Registered Member

Around 10 degrees b.t.d.c. should work fine.Make sure you disconnect the vacuum advance and plug the vacuum port before setting the timing.If this dosn't work,pull the vacuum advance side towards the front of the engine till it's facing number 2 cylinder then drive it and slowly work it back till it feels good.This will work if the distributor was stabbed correctly.Good luck and GOD Bless,jtpepper