Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

350 tranns questions.... little round thing...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by supersize75k5, Feb 3, 2005.

1. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

well the last tranny I swapped in the 75 just over a week ago only had reverse...

so I swap in another one and all seems well. She has been leaking from the side a little so I replaced the hard lines since it apeared to be comming from the fittings on the tranny.

well now the truck's leak has been getting worse...and worse to the point I wont drive it. So today I crawled under the truck and cleaned off the area, then had a friend put it in gear while holding the breaks.

the fluid is leaking from a round do -hicky..

this thing..

[​IMG]

well I went and took it apart on one of my other dead t-350's and it had a c-clip that holds it in, and a 0-ring, then a big strong 6 inch long spring that is green.

so I was all happy, hoping just the o-ring went out... well the tranny in the truck had the o-ring, but no spring inside when I took the cap and c-clip off:what:

why or how would one tranny have it and the other not???????

-shawn

thanks in advance;)

these tranny swaps are getting old real fast:blush:

2. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

anyone out there:(

ahh this is what I get for getting rid of my t-400:mad:

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I'm by no means an expert...but I believe that is the servo, and serves for band apply. Basically the band stops one of the drums from turning when changing gears.

It's been awhile since I was paying attention to auto trans tuning tricks, but I believe that removing the spring will make for "harsher" applies of the band, as in the sping only serves to cushion the apply. The 700's break that spring regularly.

There could have been stock app's with no spring, but most likely it's been done by a previous owner as part of a shift kit.