Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

350 turbo and transfer for 200 bucks??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by k5'er, Dec 20, 2001.

1. k5'er

k5'er Registered Member

how much should i pay for a 350 turbo and transfer. w/ 373 gears included for front and rear?? it has a shift kit in it. and could i take my 700 out and replace it with the 350 without any probs?? help!

2. Rollingthunder

Rollingthunder Registered Member

I went from a 700- 208 combination to a 350- 203. The only problems that I faced were that my 3" pipes made it hard to get the tranny jack in place, the weight of the 350- 203 is dramatically greater, and the 208 had a slip yoke but the 203 has a fixed yoke so I had to get a new driveshaft (not to mention that the lengths were different). The 700 is electric, but the 350 runs off of vacuum so I spliced into a hose that ran close to the back of the block. You might want to run the new vacuum hose in through some fuel line or a piece of water hose to keep it from rubbing on it's surroundings.

3. k5'er

k5'er Registered Member

so was it worth the conversion?