Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

350 vs 454 TBI

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sandawgk5, Jan 7, 2004.

1. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

I have done a search and cant find the answer i am looking for so here it is. Will a 454 throttle body bolt up to a 350 manifold and if so are the flow numbers any appreciable over a 350 TBI that has been bored and polished?

2. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

A 454 throttle body will flow more than a 350 throttle body because it has bigger injectors and different throat(I think). They interchange on any tbi intake.

3. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

yes it should bolt up, i 4get the exact smallblock number but it is like 500cfm, the 454 is 670cfm. The smallblock seems like it has a 1.75" bore and the 454 has a 2" bore.

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

You'll need to carefully measure the size of the bores on the intake. I've heard that on an Edelbrock 350 intake, the bores have to be enlarged so that the throttle plates in a 454 throttle body don't hang up. But the bolt pattern for them is the same. There are also some electrical differences. The IAC connection is different. But the folks at www.turbocity.com can set you up with an adapter for that. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif