Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

350c tranny

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jkort77, Jan 22, 2002.

1. jkort77

jkort77 Newbie

I have a 350c tranny out of an 80 Blazer, I put it in my 77 Chevy pick-up, but I do not know where the wire goes for the lockup converter. The tranny stays locked up until I stop.
    Please help.

2. Wheels

Wheels 1/2 ton status

You need a modified brake switch that has two poles (four blade). One for the brake lights and the other to interupt the lock-up on the torque convertor. The lock up is wired to a switched 12 volt source and then run through the brake switch which breaks the connection to the lock up when the brakes are applied.

3. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

throw that tranny out. i had very bad expeience with the torque converters, burn out like 3 of them in a year. that was on my camaro. stick with the regular th350.

my 2 cents
    ARQ.

offroad baja!!!
    72 4x4 CST Blazer
    71 4x4 CST Blazer
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/ArqDennis>My Pics</a>

4. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I may be showing my ignorance of 350C's, but if it were a 200C, 200-4R, or a 700-R4 that was staying locked up all the time, I would say your torque converter clutch solenoid had failed.

However, if you don't have any power to the TCC solenoid now, (the plug on the tranny) I'd say something internally is messed up.

Unplugging the TCC solenoid from a power source on the above mentioned trannies, even when its staying locked up all the time (it has failed) will cure the problem, short of replacing the TCC solenoid.

Dorian
    My tech/links page: <a target="_blank" href=http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html>www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html</a>
    Why insist on counting when the ring gear has the tooth counts stamped in?