Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

35inch tires/2 inch lift

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Kodiak, Sep 2, 2000.

1. Kodiak

Kodiak 1/2 ton status

Has anyone ran this combo? I want to run 35x12.50x15 on 8inch rims with a 2 inch lift. I don't want to add a body lift. This is on a 71 blazer. How much trimming is going to be needed? Thanks

http://kodiak.coloradok5.com

2. archer

archer 1/2 ton status

too much. I'd recommend at least a 4" lift and a Little trimming. I'm going to run 33's with a 4" lift and no trimming (I hope) Don't forget that as you get that high in tire size you need to be sure your rear gears can handle it. It's adios to my 3.08's in favor of 390's. You may need a new speedo gear too, I will.

"who dares wins"

3. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

33's fit fine with a 4" lift. I want to run 37's with a 4" lift... now where did I put that sawzall? I'll keep dreaming for a while.

Joe
    Rochester Institute of Technology Team Mini-Baja
    88 Jimmy

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I had to trim a fair bit off my front fender with 35's and a 4" lift.[​IMG] I am probably going to replace those with 37's as well and will probably have to do even more surgery!!

[​IMG]

5. Goose

Goose 1/2 ton status

You should also consider some 10" rims for that tire size. An 8" rim will look funny and make the tires wear faster. At least that's what happened when I had 33X12.50 15s on 10", then 8", then back to 10" rims.