Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

35's and no lift

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 80K5, Dec 8, 2001.

1. 80K5

80K5 1/2 ton status

35\'s and no lift

I just put some 35"x 12.5's on my truck with no lift and it looks sweet. I still need to do some body trimming but it looks like it will work just fine. I wish I had some pics I could post

Stuck? Yep, I'm always stuck!
    Steve!

2. Re: 35\'s and no lift

"Some" body trimming?!?! i have 35s with a 4" and lots of trimming and still rub. buy lots of sawsall blades and some ear plugs![​IMG]

get those pics up too!

<font color=blue> Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

</font color=blue>

3. GONZO2

GONZO2 1/2 ton status

Re: 35\'s and no lift

yeah, let's see some pics. how much fender do you have left?

<font color=blue>85 blazer</font color=blue> 4" lift, 35" pro comp mt, locked out back
    <font color=blue>88 blazer</font color=blue>mostly stock
    <font color=blue>99 30th ann. TA</font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>79 TA</font color=blue>

4. 80K5

80K5 1/2 ton status

I haven't even started the trimming yet but before the truck is bakc on the road its going to have a 4" lift but in the end I am still gona need to trim allot cuz I plan to put 38.5" Super Swamper TSL's on it with just the 4"s

Steve!

5. Blazinit

Blazinit Registered Member

Please post pictures, cause I'd like to see that!!!

'84 K5 Blazer 4"Rancho R/B w/Quad Diamond Back front 350/TH700r4/NP208/35" BFG AT/10 bolt F&R
    Washington, USA

6. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

Okay I may be female, but I think something is wrong here---

Here's my reasoning- HOW can 1 guy have 35's on with NO trimming- and it doesnt rub- BUT another guy has 35's with 4 lift, and he had to trim??? Am I missing something here?
    I had 33's on my suburban, stock and it didn't rub, but I also wasn't doing ANY flexing with that thing, it was a daily driver on road etc... if I had gone to 35's there would be NO way it would have worked without some chopping of something- I just don't see how this can be true-- Where's the pics?

just my .02 and its not even worth that!

--Brandy

LOVING the new Duramax!!!

7. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Alot depends on the tires. Some 35's are not actually 35" and more like 34's. I could have fit 35's on mine with no lift but without hacking I would not be able to turn or flex at all. Pete has 39.5's on 3" of lift so anything is possible.

See <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Waynes-Toy>Project Mighty Mouse</a> here.
    <font color=blue>Wayne<font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Happy Trails<font color=blue>

8. 80K5

80K5 1/2 ton status

Ok I know what you are saying but like I said before the truck is not insured right now so it hasn't even moved an inch since the tires are on and secondly I also said that I was going to put a 4" lift on before it moves and yes I do expect to cut a lot of fender away. I was just trying to say the first time that it looks bad ass right now with the big tires and no lift but obviously I am going to have to trim allot and do the lift.

Steve!

9. 80K5

80K5 1/2 ton status

Ok I know what you are saying but like I said before the truck is not insured right now so it hasn't even moved an inch since the tires are on and secondly I also said that I was going to put a 4" lift on before it moves and yes I do expect to cut a lot of fender away. I was just trying to say the first time that it looks bad ass right now with the big tires and no lift but obviously I am going to have to trim allot and do the lift.

Steve!

10. 80K5

80K5 1/2 ton status

I will try to post pics eventually but its kind of a problem when I don't own a camera.

Steve!