Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

35s on 4inch lift or 6 with 36 inch tires

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by younggunblazin, May 14, 2004.

1. younggunblazin

younggunblazin Newbie

i plan on upgrading my stock suspension to a 4 inch lift or a 6 inch lift the running gear is all stock and wondering what size tires i should run i have 33s right now and they do fine no rubbing there add a leafs in the back. this is my first time posting thanks /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Well I can't be of much help with out more information. I checked your profile and it is not filled out. Anyhow what type of wheeling do you plan to do? What axles are in it? Are you planning a gear swap? What trans does it have? Answers to questions like that will be a big help.

3. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

Welcome to CK5! /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

It would help us a bunch if you would give us some details about the truck (year, model, engine, axle ratio's, etc.) and what you plan on doing with it. Do you drive it everyday? Do you plan on going wheeling every weekend or only once or twice a year? Do you want great off-road performance or do you just want to look cool at the stoplight?

Every truck is different so what works for someone else might not work for you.

One thing to keep in mind is that a 6" lift may require more parts to be replaced then a 4" lift. It's almost the same amount of work but it can be a little more expensive. Some of the parts you may need to replace are: drag link, steering arm, driveshafts, etc.

In most cases a 4" lift can be easily installed without any MAJOR modifications. I've seen 35" tires fit nicely under 4" lift and I've also seen some rub. Worst case would mean you cut a little fender, no big deal. Steve has a great write-up on Fender Trimming in the technical section of this site.

Take some time to search through some of the other forums and you'll be surprised at how much good info you can find.

/forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif