Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

35's on a stock burb?

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by eatsjeeps, Dec 27, 2002.

1. eatsjeeps

eatsjeeps Registered Member

35\'s on a stock burb?

can I do this?
    Got a chance to get some from a fellow who surrendering his back to the bank, but he wants my 31's to roll his Yukon on to get there.
    All this talk of 10 bolts "grenading"
    will I need to find new axels?
    average cost of lift if needed?
    Thanks in advance.

2. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Re: 35\'s on a stock burb?

No way you will be able to fit 35's on a stock Burb...........unless you feel like getting out the sawzall. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif I'm putting a 6" Tuff Country lift on mine to fit the 35" X-Terrains I am getting from 4WPW on Monday...........some say you can put 35" tires on a 4" lift, but my one ton K5 that I just sold had a 4" lift (also Tuff Country) and a Dana 60 up front (giving about another inch of lift due to the spring perch) and it STILL hit............a lot, and this was also with the ORD (www.offroaddesign.com) extended shackles. So I had a sawzall party..............

That said, you can get a 4" or 6" lift pretty inexpensively - start with just the front springs, steering arm and use blocks in the rear. This will get you by so you can 'help your friend out'. Then you can decide to go with rear springs or shackle flip/spring/block combo. Lots of options..............anyway, ORD is having a Xmas sale now till January, so might want to check out their website and the ORD forum on this board.

3. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

Your ten bolts won't just grenade with your bigger tires without some effort. just be careful spinning tires and bouncing truck around on rocks

4. burbBoy

burbBoy 1/2 ton status

I ran some 35's on my burb with no lift. The fenders were trimmed quite a bit but they will fit. As far as your axles it depends on the type of wheeling you do. I have run 40" boggers on a 10 bolt front and 14 SF rear and never broke anything other then a lockout hub.

5. bigd_176

bigd_176 Registered Member

you can do anything you set your mind to!!!!!! i remember an article in fourwheeler probably 8-10 years ago> a guy stuffed 44's on a k5 with a 1 inch body lift and it didn't rub anywhere (he did alot of body mods) He tubbed the rear and moved the firewall back like 8 inches or so! major trimming on the fenders!! but it can be done!!! /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif suburban pics