Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

35's on IFS Blazer

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by trailblazr81, Dec 10, 2006.

1. trailblazr81

trailblazr81 1/2 ton status

Hey guys, I know this forum is ment for the solid axle K5's but I thought I might try this question here. I am wanting to get another Blazer to replace my longbed 73 K20, Ive had a 81 and 86 K5. I want fuel injection, and I know the IFS rigs ride alot better. I would like to run my almost new 35" BFG M/Ts. But Im not wanting to spend $1000-$1500 on a IFS lift. So does anyone know if I could get away with running 35's with just a 3" body lift and a cheaper 2.5" IFS lift such as the one from Skyjacker? Heres a link http://www.skyjacker.com/products-search-detail.asp?ID=26442&vyear=1992&vmake=Chevrolet&vmodel=BLAZER&partnumber=C256K

2. SUPERSUB87

SUPERSUB87 1/2 ton status

check ntwonline.com they have a suspension special section where they sell cheap lifts... not cheap as in quality but price. they are usually superlift. im not sure about fitting 35's with 5.5 inches of lift but im sure that most six inch lifts are really like 5.6 inches or so. id say you would be fine but im no expert at this.

3. makovai

makovai 1/2 ton status

i have a 96 silverado that i run 35 goodyr mtr and all i have is a 3" body and 1.5" blocks in the rear with the torsion bars cranked just a bit, and they run fine.
    Theres a pic in my sig.